If you’re planning to get any work done on your house*, whether it’s your roof or anywhere else, it’s important to ask the right questions of any builder or contractor you’re looking to use. Continue reading Eight questions to ask a roofing contractor before letting them up on your roof
The earth receives 174 Petawatts (10 to the power of 15 watts ie 174,000,000,000,000,000 watts) of incoming solar radiation at the upper atmosphere, of which around 30% is reflected back into space, the remaining 70% being absorbed by clouds, oceans and the land. Continue reading The Power of the Sun
If you’re sweltering in the heat of summer, spare a thought for residents and workers in some parts of Australia where the temperatures regularly hit the record books. Continue reading Hottest places in Australia
Bill Clinton famously (in roof painting circles) said this back in 2011. Read what he said in his short article in The Atlantic.
Weathered galvanised iron or zincalume are poor reflectors of both visible and invisible infra-red light offering significant opportunity for commercial COOL ROOF benefits. Continue reading Cool Roofs… a sustainable opportunity